Sunday, August 31, 2014

Wished Home Studies only cost a nickel, I'd sacrifice mine


Well it could have been worse. . . N put on a real show for the social worker when she came to begin our home study.  At first he was totally into her, talking with her, and drawing pictures, but then things changed!  First, he randomly bit his brother, leaving a nice mark.  I placed him in time out, and he did okay.  

However, he later hit his brother for taking his crayon, and we had a battle of wills to stay in time out.  We looked like one of those videos of the failing parents on "Super Nanny."  Back and forth we went me: putting him back in time out, moving the bench closer to the oven timer to reset it, him slamming the bench down on my big toe, and finally, him calming down long enough to serve his time out.  

Following time out, he went to the bathroom only to come out with his pants down.  N informed the social worker of the proper names of his boy parts and loudly told her mommy has nickles (as he incorrectly calls them) as I carreled him back to the bathroom to pull up his pants.  Thank goodness the social worker understood my logic in teaching my children the real names for their body parts.

As she left, I apologized for the chaos.  She told me sometimes she hates how too perfect home study visits can be; they seem fake.  She said the good side was that she could easily explain the discipline techniques I used and that I had experience with children who could be difficult at times.  I guess there is an upside to everything.  

As I was hemming and hawing about my call to adopt again this spring, my friend shared this with me and I thought of it at that moment. 
God is qualifying me for the struggles ahead as I deal with Haiti, fundraising, and eventually expanding my family.  Keep praying! 

--------------
If you wish to help with the exorbitant cost of adoption, please consider signing up, shopping, or donating.  

SIGNING UP

I currently am signing up people for Ambit Energy, a Better Business Bureau A+ company as well as a recipient of the JD Power and Associates Award for customer satisfaction, which guarantees savings of 2% a year or 3% for my PA friends.  Although the rate is variable, they cannot do sudden huge hikes in the cost because they guarantee you the percentage savings for your state and will send you a check for the difference if it costs more.  Their hikes would have to be aligned with your current provider.  Most people in my area are saving between 5-6% which averages about 125.00 to 150.00 a year.  I get a kick back for signing people up which I can put in my adoption fund, and if as a consultant I get 15 people to a sign up by September 20th, I get the supply portion of my gas and electric bill free for the year which I can also put into my adoption fund.  There are no fees, contracts, or any catches.  It is a win-win for both of us.  Your gas and electric service company does not change either.  You still call NYSEG or National Grid or your PA company for help, and they still send your bills.  Message me if you are interested as lots of my friends have already been saving through other consultants and I want to hit 15 by September 20th.  

Here is the savings of my friend's dad over an 11 month period.



Here is my website for more information if interested, but please contact me too: 

http://finnertyadoptionfund.myambit.com/rates-and-plans


SHOPPING

I have a store front at Just Love Coffee Roasters where people can buy coffee.

https://justlovecoffee.com/about/beneficiary/finnerty/

I am also selling adoption themed t -shirts I designed myself for 20.00 and will be placing orders by September 15th which I earn at least 10.00 on for my fund
 and selling chevron scarves with words screen printed on them for 20 dollars which I earn 5.00 on that I will be taking orders on through October 30th.  Message, call, or text me if you are interested in either.  



DONATING OR SHOPPING

I am currently raising money and selling items through One Mission Fundraising.  This is both a basic donation site as well as a site that sells gifts for fundraising.  So people can choose to shop or just donate.  


I am also taking donations for a yard sake in the beginning of October, if you had stuff you were going to give away anyway.  More information will be available for shopping as the date gets closer.  

DONATING

Anyone who just wants to make a donation by writing a check, and not have a portion of it go to fees for the One Mission Site, can make one to my agency on my behalf.  Because they are a non-profit, the donations can be written off on your taxes.  If you are interested, checks, that have a post it note attached with my name on it or a note accompanying the check with my name, can be made out to and sent to:
EAC Inc.
Attention Tina Fell 
12608 Alameda Drive
Strongsville, OH 44149


Thank you for any help you can give!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment